What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a 1st Line Service Desk Engineer to join our Remote Support Team. You will be part of a committed Company, providing high quality IT Support to our Clients and End Users. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT Team.
Experience is beneficial but not essential, as training is provided throughout your career with us. Beginning with CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ all being achieved within your first 2 years here.
Are You The Right Candidate For Us?
- Do you have a passion for IT?
- Do you feel fulfilled by helping and supporting others?
- Does Learning and Education excite you?
- Do you think you align to our Core Values?…
Some Specifics Of The Role
- Respond to Client Tickets within a 15 minute SLA
- Resolve incoming issues to the Service Desk within a 45 minute budget
- Monitor and manage Tickets/Alerts generated by our RMM System
- Utilize skills in solving problems and support issues, diagnosing solutions
- Identify re-occurring tickets and implement a permanent solution
- Ensure Client data integrity, monitoring and management of Client backups
- Escalate Tickets to 2nd and 3rd Line Engineers where necessary
What Skills You Should Bring
- Be Process Driven and highly focused around Process Improvement
- Good at communicating to both Clients, internal Staff members and Product/Solution Vendors (3rd Parties)
- A good personality and sense of humour
- A professional manner and appearance
- Good attention to detail while working Tickets and throughout process improvements
- Skilled in Time Management and Planning
- Consistency in approach and troubleshooting while working Tickets
- The ability to take control of a situation and make the Client feel confident
About Our Business
Press Start Ltd has now been trading for 25 years, starting out as a break fix business (only being paid if the customer calls us). In 2002 we became a Managed Service Provider (MSP) paid each month and committed to improving uptime. The only constant in this industry is continual change and the whole team remaining adaptable is key to our commercial success and team happiness.
At Press Start, our work ethic and environment is caring, focused and fun. This is no dull office environment. Our staff area has a pool table and a widescreen television to use during break and lunch times. We want everyone in the Press Start family to get the right work/life balance. We do this by offering continued support, regular team meetings and appraisals, along with paid time for training.
It is just the start of the benefits all employees enjoy when joining the team.
Hours: 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Location: Barton Mills, Bury St Edmunds
Salary: £18,000 – £22,000
Application for this position is via the submission of your current CV complete with a covering letter ideally detailing all elements of what makes you an ideal candidate for this position.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive feedback on the next steps within one working week.
If you have any questions regarding your application, or our business, do not hesitate to contact us on 01638 603204.